The Intellectual Masturbater

"Don't knock [intellectual] masturbation, it's [intellectual] sex with someone I love." -Woody Allen
"Blogging is intellectual masturbation." -The Intellectual Masturbater

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Thirty Days: A Poem of (what else?) Love

“Thirty days and counting,” he says to himself, aloud.
“Thirty days for better (or worse).
“It’s the uncertainty that’s intolerable.
“Can I put the whole thing in reverse?”


He’s panicking again, his nerves are really terse.
He’s not being rational,
Since she’s angelic and sharp,
And unwaveringly loyal.


“Can I really do this?” he says with sadness ample,
“I feel I’m sinking in quicksand!
“Of course, I could never tell her,
“She would never understand.”


Oh my friend, please don’t crash-land!
You still have thirty days.
Enough time for it to sink in.
And get out of your haze.


“I’ll have to change my wayward ways,
“If I want this thing to work,
“If I want her to happy,
“And not think I’m a jerk!”


Hey, you may even have to do some housework,
And occasionally clean up.
But at least you’ll have a partner.
In time, she may bring you a little pup.


“Thanks for lending your ear to me, brother,
“My outlook has improved.
“Without your helping hand
“I would have been unmoved!”


You’re welcome, I’m glad we grooved,
You worried me back there.
Didn’t think you’d make it,
Thought you’d pull out all your hair.


Let this be a lesson to all out there,
What I’ve posted to my blog,
Think twice before you get married,
Because he is just buying a dog.

Inspired by recent blog posts I read on Sepia Mutiny about love, marriage and spitting. On the other hand, I think this person took the post way too seriously.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sangeeta said...

Returning your visit. And quite struck by the fact that there's so much comment about marriage in the air these days. Is it just fallout from the wedding season? Or have bloggers suddenly been tarred "marriage material"? Hmmm.

Monday, June 05, 2006 1:53:00 AM  
Blogger The Intellectual Masturbater said...

its got to be the marriage season. and, also probably the fact that so many bloggers are blogging away in the hopes of finding their significant others online. most likely, a convex combination of the two.

thx for dropping by...

Monday, June 05, 2006 9:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home