The Intellectual Masturbater

"Don't knock [intellectual] masturbation, it's [intellectual] sex with someone I love." -Woody Allen
"Blogging is intellectual masturbation." -The Intellectual Masturbater

Friday, April 14, 2006

Long Time Gone

It's been a while since I posted, but since I read somewhere that blogging was defined as "talking to a brick wall," I figured that it would be ok.

Still, apologies to the regular viewer (note singular usage). I just got to know last week that my advisors are letting me defend in June/July sometime. So I went through the five-stage process following which it sank into my head:
1. Euphoria (1 day)
2. Panic (1 day)
3. Anxiety (2 days)
4. Frustration (2 days)
5. Some combination of Frustration and Anxiety

Incidentally, if you are a grad student. And you find yourself happy (i.e., not frustrated) for an extended period of time, I strongly suggest you stop and take heed. You're doing something wrong. Talk to your advisor or something.

The posts will now resume with (somewhat) regular frequency. I say "somewhat" because I have to now figure out what I'm going to do next with my life....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home