The Intellectual Masturbater

"Don't knock [intellectual] masturbation, it's [intellectual] sex with someone I love." -Woody Allen
"Blogging is intellectual masturbation." -The Intellectual Masturbater

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Getting Jignesh With It...

Will Smith visits Bollywood and is "blown away" by the Big B's performance in Sarkar. He wants to call himself the 'Big W'. He also compared the Taj Mahal to a lake he built in his back yard for his wife...

Speaking of 'Big B': I was watching 'Aaj Tak' (an Indian news channel) at a friend's place and they were talking about Amitabh's recovery from the colon cancer or whatever it was that he was suffering from. The coverage was a little ridiculous. It went on for abour 30-40 minutes and there was live coverage of him leaving the hospital, arriving at his bungalow, Abhishek shooing the reporters, etc. etc. And there was also running commentary, not unlike you see on most games where the commentators just parrot what's going on on-screen as if it was a radio. I was just thinking that they should give the poor guy a break, right? Of course, some perverse part of me was glued to the screen right about until the next segment when Laloo came on.

Anyhow, the whole thing was in hindi and the funny thing was that they kept referring to Amitabh as "Big B." In fact, it got to a point where they had a little running hindi text watchamacallit at the bottom of the screen which was summarizing the commentator's words (like that was needed) and even there they called him BigB. Just BigB. Almost like his name was Mr. Bigby. I thought that was hilarious...

Hey - these are the things that get me through my day...what can I say? I'm easy to please...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home